ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Senator John Cornyn has introduced an act to rename U.S. Border Patrol Station after a fallen Abilene agent.
Border Patrol Agent Donna Doss was struck by a vehicle and killed in the line of duty while working a traffic accident in Tye in February 2019. She was a 15-year veteran of the Border Patrol.
If the act were to pass, the Border Patrol Station in Rocksprings, Texas, would be renamed in her honor.
“In addition to leading a distinguished career with the Border Patrol, Agent Doss was a loving wife, daughter, sister, and stepmother.” Senator Cornyn said. “Her loss was another solemn reminder of the courageous sacrifices law enforcement officers and their families make every day, and I hope memorializing her service at the Border Patrol Station in Rocksprings will help honor her ultimate sacrifice.”
BigCountryHomepage will update this article when additional information on the act is released.
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy
- Taylor Co. reports 5 new COVID-19 cases, 4 recoveries
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches