ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Two pets died after food on the stove caused a fire at an Abilene mobile home Friday morning.
The fire happened at a home on the 600 block of Chapel Hill Road around 9:30 a.m.
Firefighters at the scene told KTAB and KRBC a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the home and went to bang on the windows after calling 9-1-1.
No one was home, but three pets were inside. A cat and dog died, and one dog was able to escape without injury.
Investigators confirmed that food left on the stove started the fire.
BigCountryHomepage.com will update this article if additional information is released.