ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Two Wylie ISD schools were placed on lockout Wednesday morning due to reports of a shooting in southeast Abilene.
The East Elementary and East Junior High campuses were both placed on lockout around 11:00 a.m., meaning all students were kept inside.
Wylie ISD says the lockout only lasted for five minutes and was implemented after a deputy called to let the district, “know about a report of possible shots fired in the Parkside Place subdivision off of Maple Street,” according to a social media post.
Police investigated and found no threat in the area.
The lockout was just a precautionary measure.
- Family says 14-year-old killed over pair of Air Jordans
- VIDEO: Man punches teenage girl during high school basketball brawl
- Dry shampoo bottle explodes in woman’s vehicle, destroys sunroof
- Nestlé launches luxury KitKat bars
- Texas billionaire makes good on promise, donates $34M to cover student loans