ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Twelve units were damaged in a two-alarm fire at an Abilene apartment complex Thursday.
First responders arrived to the Elm Creek Ranch apartments on the 2000 block of South clack Street and found smoke showing around 5:00 p.m.
A second alarm was called for assistance with fighting the fire and evacuation.
“In all 12 units were affected by smoke and/or water damage with one unit having fire damage,” according to a press release.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of the fire, which generated an estimated $60,000 worth of damage.
- LIVE: Louisville mayor, police give update on protests
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- Women’s Soccer earns United Soccer Coaches Team Academic Award
- Pumpkin Spice mac-and-cheese? Kraft is bringing it to the US
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address