ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An Abilene woman says she was stabbed by a man who attempted to carjack her while she was at a stop sign.
The incident happened near North 8th Street and Hickory Street around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
A police report reveals the victim told detectives she was stopped at a stop sign in the area when a man tried to steal her vehicle.
“Once she told the suspect no, he stabbed her in the abdomen with a small knife,” the report states.
The victim was able to drive away and call 9-1-1. Family members told KTAB and KRBC she was sent to the hosptial for treatment but will survive her injuries.
No arrests have made and the investigation is still ongoing.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information is released.
- Abilene Idol 2021 auditions Saturday at the Mall of Abilene
- Dyess AFB receives first round of COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Colten’s Law’ officially filed, aims to crack down on drivers who hit pedestrians under the influence
- ADT technician pleads guilty after spying on hundreds of customers for ‘sexual gratification’
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain