ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Surveillance video shows an EF-2 tornado hit two Abilene prison units early Thursday morning.
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice released the video Friday, revealing that, “the National Weather Service now says it was an EF-2 Tornado that hit near Abilene early Thursday morning. That is an estimated wind speed of between 111-135 MPH.”
Most of the damage was done to vehicles in the parking lots of the Middleton and Robertson Prison Units, as well as fences.
Some property in the surrounding area as well as one of the prison units sustained structural damage.
Power has since been restored to the prisons, but repairs are still ongoing at the Robertson Prison Unit.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Wednesday Evening Forecast: Sweater Weather In Store for the Big Country.
- Abilene business provides COVID Care Kits to employees
- ACU women whip Howard Payne 99-45 in Teague Center debut
- Defense drowns Bucs as Wildcats win season opener
- Big Country coaches list what they are thankful for on KTAB Coach of the Week