ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Witnesses say a man is still at large after running around and setting multiple fires in a south Abilene neighborhood.
Multiple residents in the neighborhood near Pioneer Drive and South 7th Street to South 14th Street report seeing the man Thursday afternoon.
A resident on the 1300 block of Bowie Street saw the man setting a fire and chased him, until the man jumped a fence and ran through a yard.
One of the fires burned through a backyard on the 900 block of La Salle Drive and almost ignited a house.
He was also spotted on the 900 block of S San Jose Drive. Witnesses say he is shirtless.
The man was last seen running through alleyways in the neighborhood.
Police scanner traffic indicates officers are currently searching for him.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information is released.
- ACTUALIZACIÓN: Evidencia de ADN fue recolectada del sospechoso de asesinato de Hailey Dunn el día antes del arresto
- Big Country residents beat the heat at Roll Shack
- Blumenthal: Abortion ‘restrictions make safe procedure unsafe’
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes Brandon Act, which would improve access to mental health services for military
- Cowgirls ranked nationally to end season, three members ranked regionally