ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police are now seeking possible victims from a car lot theft scene.
According to police, two men were accused of trying to steal a vehicle from a south Abilene car lot on Wednesday. Police said the pair tried to steal the vehicle by pretending to be interested in purchasing a vehicle and switching the keys to possibly come back and steal it later.
Police said other car dealerships in cities, like Amarillo, Snyder, Sweetwater and Eastland may have also been targeted.
During the investigation, police said numerous keys from various vehicles were found. Detectives are now working to find who the keys and fobs belong to.
The suspects, police said, were driving a white BMW car with a black spoiler.
Anyone who believes they may have been victimized or are missing keys can contact Abilene police at (325) 676-6650.
- FBI investigates after Air Force helicopter shot in Virginia
- Prosecutors charge 3 with threatening women in R. Kelly case
- Does Kamala Harris help Joe Biden in Texas?
- Abilene 2020 Beer Summit canceled amid pandemic
- The best cities for saving money in the U.S.