ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Zoo has announced the unexpected death of one of their giraffes.
Zoo officials say Sunny, an 11-year-old female, died suddenly.
Sunny first came to the Abilene Zoo in February 2016 and was the tallest female in the tower.
In October, Sunny gave birth to the second baby giraffe born within 48 hours at the Abilene Zoo.
- Times Square shooting: As NYC reopens, leaders, locals and tourists react
- Vaccine deserts: Some countries have no COVID-19 shots at all
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely
- Long suspected of murder, she confessed but avoided prison
- TSA screens 1.7 million travelers in a single day, highest number since beginning of coronavirus pandemic