ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Zoo has announced the unexpected death of one of their giraffes.
Zoo officials say Sunny, an 11-year-old female, died suddenly Tuesday morning.
Sunny first came to the Abilene Zoo in February 2016 and was the tallest female in the tower.
In October, Sunny gave birth to the second baby giraffe born within 48 hours at the Abilene Zoo.
- KRBC Friday Evening Forecast: More clouds and rain chances over the weekend
- Biden’s historic Cabinet begins taking shape
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus
- Abilene Idol 2021 auditions Saturday at the Mall of Abilene
- Dyess AFB receives first round of COVID-19 vaccines