ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene Christian University (ACU) has canceled its homecoming football game because of coronavirus concerns.
In a news release issued Friday afternoon, ACU says they have decided to cancel the homecoming game against West Texas A&M that was slated for Oct. 17.
“We regret for our fans that we have to reschedule the game, but this was not unexpected. We knew we might have a few challenges when we decided to play this fall,” Dr. Phil Schubert, ACU president, said in a news release. “With some of our student-athletes testing positive for COVID-19, we know it’s in everyone’s best interest. This shows our testing protocols are working as they should.”
ACU says if they can’t reschedule the game with West Texas A&M, they will look for another opponent to fill a later date.
More details about homecoming will be announced early next week, according to the news release.
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Jim Ned’s Hunter Cooley is the Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union Coach of the Week
- Haskell’s Brendle finds another family on the Indians football team
- Dorrel and Wildcats excited to return to game action
- Wylie High School class shows aspiring teachers ins and outs of career