ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene Christian University (ACU) has announced that they will move graduation to August.
In a news release issued late Friday afternoon, ACU says they will continue online instruction through the end of the semester, and that students originally scheduled to graduate in May will have their commencement ceremony moved to August 7-8.
All students who successfully complete their requirements will have degrees conferred on their official transcript in May.
In an email to the campus community, president Dr. Phil Schubert said, “While this is a difficult decision, especially for our graduates and their families, we know this is the right move for the ACU community,” the release states.
- More young people fall for online scams amid pandemic, BBB says
- Gov. Abbott to share ‘exciting news’ at 1:30 p.m. press conference Tuesday
- Baird High School welding program receives $300,000 grant
- Let Us Breath Abilene hosts memorial service to close Black History Month
- US Supreme Court begins arguments in major voting rights case