ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Independent School District (AISD) has passed a resolution to ensure employees will still be paid during school closures due to COVID-19 concerns.
In an emergency board meeting Monday afternoon, officials voted to pass the resolution for employees to receive pay during the closures.
Superintendent Dr. David Young said hourly employees who may have to work during the idle period could be paid extra from the Federal Disaster Relief Fund, “not local dollars.”
AISD announced Monday morning that schools will be closed through March 20.
- Marquis Muse named McMurry Men’s Soccer Head Coach
- Cougars jump and Eagles fly to state championship gymnastics meet
- FEMA extends registration period for Texans impacted by winter storm
- San Antonio airport locked down after active shooter situation
- Big Country Politics: In depth with Abilene City Council Place 1 candidates Stephen Hunt and Shane Price