ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Several Abilene teachers received grants from the Abilene Education Foundation on Monday.
Almost $80,000 was handed out to 122 teachers, who are receiving grants to help educate their students.
One of the teachers received a grant to help encourage her fourth grade students to read more.
“Seeing how excited they were kinda made me a little emotional, just because I know what they are going to get from all of this,” says Tara Nelson, 4th Grade Math Teacher at Ortiz Elementary.
Mrs nelson is a math teacher, but reads to h students before math lessons, saying it is a trick to help put them into the right frame of mind, especially after lunch.
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Weather Whiplash Expected for the Big Country.
- Preston talks with Karson Grigsby about junior golf ranking
- Wildcats run for three touchdowns vs. SFA
- Gov. Greg Abbott says ‘We must end’ mail-in ballot fraud, points to KXAN investigation finding 150 charges since 2004
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships