ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Several Abilene teachers received grants from the Abilene Education Foundation on Monday.
Almost $80,000 was handed out to 122 teachers, who are receiving grants to help educate their students.
One of the teachers received a grant to help encourage her fourth grade students to read more.
“Seeing how excited they were kinda made me a little emotional, just because I know what they are going to get from all of this,” says Tara Nelson, 4th Grade Math Teacher at Ortiz Elementary.
Mrs nelson is a math teacher, but reads to h students before math lessons, saying it is a trick to help put them into the right frame of mind, especially after lunch.
- Trump wants governors to ‘dominate’ protesters
- Congressional Black Caucus drafting police reform bills
- Pres. Trump threatens to deploy military if states don’t stop violent protests
- California lawmakers hope to give voice to protestors’ concerns while condemning violence, looting
- Brown Co. announces 10th COVID-19 death