ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – One person was taken to a local hospital after an altercation at an Abilene Whataburger drive-thru; Shots were fired from two different vehicles.
According to the Abilene Police Department, the incident happened at the Whataburger fast-food restaurant on South Pioneer and South First at approximately 10:20 p.m., Sunday.
The APD says and Officer at the nearby intersection witnessed part of the altercation. He detained one of the involved parties. The other party, driving a white Chevrolet Tahoe, had fled the scene.
“An argument ensued leading to shots being fired from both vehicles,” said Rick Tomlin, APD’s Public Information Coordinator.
“A 24-year-old male who was in the white Tahoe was located while en route to a South Abilene hospital suffering from at least one gunshot wound.”
The injuries were not believed to be life-threatening. He remains at the hospital at the moment.
No arrests have been made in this incident as the detectives continue to investigate the shooting.
BigCountryHomepage will update if more informations becomes available.
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Friday, January 15, 2021: Strong winds and elevated fire weather return today