ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Texas Workforce Solutions hosted the annual Red, White and You job fair Thursday, but this year’s event was a little different.
In the past, the job fair was only open to veterans, but this year the Texas Workforce Commission opened it to everyone.
More than 50 businesses were there helping to connect potential employees with employers.
“We have people, over 1,500 people in the Abilene area alone that are on the unemployment roll. So we would like to get them here and have them have jobs,” says Robert Puls, Texas Workforce Solutions.
More than 1,500 job seekers were expected to stop by and talk with businesses looking to hire.
- Wildcats run for three touchdowns vs. SFA
- Gov. Greg Abbott says ‘We must end’ mail-in ballot fraud, points to KXAN investigation finding 150 charges since 2004
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win