ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Texas Workforce Solutions hosted the annual Red, White and You job fair Thursday, but this year’s event was a little different.
In the past, the job fair was only open to veterans, but this year the Texas Workforce Commission opened it to everyone.
More than 50 businesses were there helping to connect potential employees with employers.
“We have people, over 1,500 people in the Abilene area alone that are on the unemployment roll. So we would like to get them here and have them have jobs,” says Robert Puls, Texas Workforce Solutions.
More than 1,500 job seekers were expected to stop by and talk with businesses looking to hire.
- Hundreds gather for peaceful protest near Abilene’s MLK Memerorial bridge
- Hundreds attend peaceful Black Lives Matter protest
- Austin police chief says no more beanbag rounds in crowds
- Graphic video shows New York officers shove man who falls, strikes his head
- Nueva tendencia: Despidos por comentarios en redes sociales