ABILENE, Texas (KTBA/KRBC) – The Abilene Police Department confirmed 2 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing up the total to 11.
Police Chief Standridge said as of 10:39 a.m. 9 APD officers had tested positive for the Coronavirus.
According to a press release issued by the APD, as of 5 p.m. of Monday 2 more officers tested positive for the novel Coronavirus, bringing the total to 11 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the APD.
“The officers confirmed are all from various divisions. Testing began yesterday as a result of possible exposure to a first responder last week on two separate calls for service,” said the APD.
All officers are quarantined and not at the Police Department. The APD will continue to follow the protocol for positive results and will remain isolated.
- Wylie 7th grader sings God Bless America at NASCAR event
- Pope ends public audiences, limits numbers at Christmas as virus surges
- Big Country Politics: In depth on COVID surge and upcoming elections
- Suspect connected to bank robberies in Abilene, Lubbock, Odessa arrested
- As the 2020 presidential race nears its end, these are key dates ahead of Election Day