ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Abilene Police Department confirmed 9 positive cases of COVID-19 in their workforce.
Police Chief Standridge said as of 10:39 a.m. nine APD officers had tested positive for the Coronavirus.
The APD assures all infected officers are in quarantine and that more tests are being implemented.
In a news release issued Monday afternoon, APD said 3 officers had tested positive as a result of possible exposure to a first responder last week during a call for service.
According to the APD, they are following a “strong contingency staffing plan” in case they see more positive results.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine