ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Police Department (APD) says they will not be referring a reported sexual assault at Craig Middle School to juvenile court.
The Abilene Independent School District (AISD) issued a statement last Friday after parents said their daughter was pulled into a restroom and sexually assaulted at the middle school.
APD said Friday morning that after a detailed investigation and consultation with the District Attorney’s office, the case will not be referred to juvenile court.
Police also said since the case involves juveniles, they are legally limited on information they can provide.
AISD says it is their policy to not comment on police investigations.
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- A Utah school was already online-only. Here’s what lessons it has for others
- Portsmouth schools use paced learning to adapt to different progress levels due to pandemic
- An Oregon school district’s unique approaches to keeping students fed