ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Police Department (APD) is investigating a reported drive-by shooting that happened early Friday morning.
According to an APD incident report, a 36-year-old male told police he was “shot randomly in a drive by.”
The incident happened between 2:30 and 3:30 Friday morning in the 700 block of Plum Street, according to the report.
The victim, who went to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg, told police that he shot back in self defense, according to the report.
Police say multiple shell casings were located at the scene of the incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
- How to save electricity at home and lower your utility bills
- Extroverts (and introverts, too) face quarantine challenges
- Walmart to begin temperature checks, make masks and glove available for employees in U.S. stores
- Texas-Louisiana border enforcement in question after Gov. Abbott’s order restricts drivers
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020: Mild, quiet and mostly sunny day