ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Police Department (APD) is investigating a reported drive-by shooting that happened early Friday morning.
According to an APD incident report, a 36-year-old male told police he was “shot randomly in a drive by.”
The incident happened between 2:30 and 3:30 Friday morning in the 700 block of Plum Street, according to the report.
The victim, who went to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg, told police that he shot back in self defense, according to the report.
Police say multiple shell casings were located at the scene of the incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Ivanka Trump ‘pained’ over father’s indictment
- City of Abilene names Asst. Chief Doug Wrenn to takeover as Interim Chief of APD
- Oldest police officer in Arkansas retires at 93
- A new wave of Black women are leading the fight for the ERA
- Native Americans used horses far earlier than historians had believed