ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Police Department (APD) is investigating a reported drive-by shooting that happened early Friday morning.
According to an APD incident report, a 36-year-old male told police he was “shot randomly in a drive by.”
The incident happened between 2:30 and 3:30 Friday morning in the 700 block of Plum Street, according to the report.
The victim, who went to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg, told police that he shot back in self defense, according to the report.
Police say multiple shell casings were located at the scene of the incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Texas groups promote varying voter guides ahead of March primary
- Abilene Youth Sports Authority opens doors on new facility
- Former dean says Logsdon finances were healthy
- Abilene Philharmonic announces winners of Jerry Herman Masterclass
- Money Moment: The advantages of a First Bank Texas First Cash Account