ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Police Department (APD) is investigating a reported drive-by shooting that happened early Friday morning.
According to an APD incident report, a 36-year-old male told police he was “shot randomly in a drive by.”
The incident happened between 2:30 and 3:30 Friday morning in the 700 block of Plum Street, according to the report.
The victim, who went to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg, told police that he shot back in self defense, according to the report.
Police say multiple shell casings were located at the scene of the incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
- More young people fall for online scams amid pandemic, BBB says
- Gov. Abbott to share ‘exciting news’ at 1:30 p.m. press conference Tuesday
- Baird High School welding program receives $300,000 grant
- Let Us Breath Abilene hosts memorial service to close Black History Month
- US Supreme Court begins arguments in major voting rights case