ANSON, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Anson High School seniors now beam at passersby from banners hung around the central courthouse thanks to the generosity of community members.
“A lot of us have had a child graduate so we know how special this time is,” said Janet Hagler, a pre-k teacher and one of the residents that organized the banners purchase and arrangement.
The banners were donated and hung by community volunteers, none of whom were parents of seniors.
“I was like, ‘They really did that for us?'” said Jordan Pyle, an Anson High senior.
While Pyle holds out hope for an in-person graduation ceremony, she says having the support of her community has made waiting a little easier.
“Everybody has been doing all these things for the seniors and it’s just been such a great thing,” said Pyle.
- Sunday’s Wake Up Weather: More sun and more heat.
- Red team knocks off Blue team in FCA Allstar football game
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Humidity is finally decreasing across the big country
- Saturday, June 12: Still hot and humid across the Big Country.
- South all-stars defeat north in FCA volleyball game