BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says he was “dumb” not to have listened to the symptoms he was experiencing before he was stricken with a heart attack last week.
The 78-year-old Sanders made the comments Tuesday outside his Vermont home as he headed to an appointment with a cardiologist along with his wife, Jane O’Meara Sanders.
Sanders returned to Vermont on Saturday to rest after spending three days in a Las Vegas hospital. Doctors inserted two stents to open a clogged artery in his heart. Experts have said Sanders should be able to resume his campaign.
Sanders said that in the last month or two he was more fatigued than usual and “I should have listened to those symptoms.”
He urged others to listen to their symptoms.
- Burger King selling ‘Ghost Whopper’ for Halloween
- ‘Bro! We’re in the tornado!’ Man records scary video from inside Dallas-area twister
- Donald Trump fans in Dallas say the president just “gets” them
- More than 6,400 pounds of pork and turkey sausage patties recalled
- Astros fans, players riding high as Houston advances to World Series