RIO GRANDE VALLEY, Texas – The money President Trump is using to build the border wall could be in jeopardy.
A federal judge has ruled the president’s national emergency declaration is unlawful.
Back in February, President Trump declared the situation at the U.S. border with Mexico was a national emergency.
This allowed him to bypass Congress and use money allotted for military construction to build the wall.
A human rights group and El Paso County officials sued, asking for the court to block the declaration.
They argued the president overstepped his authority.
The judge appears to agree, but he notes other money could be used for the project.
- VIDEO: APD officer caught on camera stopping traffic to help elderly man get across the street
- Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney still missing, Birmingham Police confirms
- Doctor sounds off on Impossible Burgers: ‘They’re not healthy’
- Yahoo users: How to file a claim for money in data breach settlement
- ‘HE SNAPPED’: Florida man drove truck into neighbor’s kitchen after the family ‘made fun of him’, witnesses say