GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas (AP) — Police in suburban Dallas say a 13-year-old boy was driving a vehicle that struck three adults and two children, killing one of the adults.
Grand Prairie police said the teen was driving the sedan Sunday night without his parents consent when he hit the people.
Police say two women and a man were pushing a 1-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl in strollers when they were all hit on a highway frontage road.
Police say the teen did not see the pedestrians walking in the same direction he was traveling.
A 52-year-old woman died at the scene.
- Watch: Back to School town hall with AISD, Big Country school officials
- Abilene ISD teachers prepare for school year, both in the classroom and on the screen
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis
- Latino advocates fear undercount in Texas as US Census Bureau cuts deadline by a month
- Silver Star Nation: Training camp like none other for Dallas Cowboys