JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A murder suspect wanted out of San Angelo has been arrested in Hamlin after a multi-county pursuit ending in Jones County.
William James Martinez (aka Hernandez) 39, was apprehended around 8:00 a.m., soon after the Jones County Sheriff’s Office put a warning on social media, saying Martinez was on the run, should be considered armed, and if seen 911 should be called immediately.
The Sheriff’s Office said the vehicle driven by Martinez in the pursuit was found after crashing into a field near the intersection of County Roads 115/158 in the Hamlin area.
Martinez was not found int he vehicle and a search was immediately launched. He was later arrested for Murder by the Hamlin Police Department.
According to a wanted poster issued by the San Angelo Police Department, Martinez is a homicide suspect and also has other warrants.
His murder arrest is in connection to the death of 23-year-old Selena Ann Bradley.
- Special session in Texas raises expectations of voting fight
- 2nd person charged in connection with Texas boy’s death
- Family of slain Austin mass shooting victim has ‘no faith’ in investigation
- 153 Texas hospital workers were fired or resigned after refusing COVID vaccine
- Mysterious disease blinding birds in several states, leaving them unable to fly