BROWNWOOD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A Brownwood police officer has been indicted on a misdemeanor after his 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the head.
According to BrownwoodTx.com, 34-year-old Robert Lehman was indicted for making a firearm accessible to a child.
The incident occurred in late May 2019, when the 3-year-old boy was found with a gunshot wound to the head and a 9mm pistol lying nearby on the nightstand.
Lehman has been placed on unpaid suspension pending the outcome of his case, according to the report.
- 5 deaths, 115 new COVID-19 cases reported in Abilene/Taylor County
- State of Texas: Texans push back against President Biden’s agenda
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by vehicle in Abilene
- Abilene man killed in head-on crash on city’s south side