BROWNWOOD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A Brownwood police officer has been indicted on a misdemeanor after his 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the head.
According to BrownwoodTx.com, 34-year-old Robert Lehman was indicted for making a firearm accessible to a child.
The incident occurred in late May 2019, when the 3-year-old boy was found with a gunshot wound to the head and a 9mm pistol lying nearby on the nightstand.
Lehman has been placed on unpaid suspension pending the outcome of his case, according to the report.
- Friday Evening Forecast: A warm and muggy start to the month of June. Here’s what you need to know.
- Alamo Cenotaph vandalized with red spray-painted graffiti
- Lake of the Ozarks pool partier tests positive for COVID-19; hundreds potentially exposed
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- La policía de Brownwood necesita ayuda para identificar a las personas de interés en un caso de crueldad animal