BROWNWOOD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A Brownwood police officer has been indicted on a misdemeanor after his 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the head.
According to BrownwoodTx.com, 34-year-old Robert Lehman was indicted for making a firearm accessible to a child.
The incident occurred in late May 2019, when the 3-year-old boy was found with a gunshot wound to the head and a 9mm pistol lying nearby on the nightstand.
Lehman has been placed on unpaid suspension pending the outcome of his case, according to the report.
- VIDEO: Man punches teenage girl during high school basketball brawl
- Dry shampoo bottle explodes in woman’s vehicle, destroys sunroof
- Nestlé launches luxury KitKat bars
- Texas billionaire makes good on promise, donates $34M to cover student loans
- High school football game canceled after cheerleaders punished for Trump banner