BROWNWOOD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – An armed suspect is on the run after entering a home in Brownwood while fleeing police and confronting the family inside.
The family barricaded themselves inside the back bedroom of a home on the 2300 block of S. 12th Street after Selso Ortiz Martinez unlawfully entered while brandishing a pistol.
Police say Martinez was fleeing from police, who contacted him near the Brownwood Public Library to arrest him on a felony narcotic warrant just after 12:00 p.m. Thursday.
Martinez fled the scene in his vehicle then began running through alleyways, over fences, and into backyards before entering the occupied home.
The family successfully exited through a window and went safely to police, who were positioned outside.
Martinez somehow evaded officers, including a SWAT team, and escaped the residence.
“Mr Martinez is considered armed and dangerous. He is of slender build, approximately 5ft 7in tall, and weighs 165lbs. He has short brown hair and possibly a goatee,” a press release reveals.
Anyone who knows where Martinez may be located is asked to contact Heart of Texas Crime Stoppers at (800)222-8477.
All tips are guaranteed anonymous and good information could lead to a cash reward.
- Texas lawmakers weigh in on inauguration; commend President Biden’s sentiment of unity
- Bush 41’s White House photographer shares perspective on inauguration imagery
- COVID-19 protocols in place as Taylor County Livestock Show kicks off
- 1,200 set to receive COVID-19 vaccine in Abilene Thursday and Friday
- Abilene ISD to use safe field trips and educational activities to provide sense of normalcy