BROWNWOOD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – One person is dead and three others, including children, are injured after a suspected drunk driver hit several people in the front yard of a Brownwood home.
The people, identified as occupants of a home on the 2400 block of Southside Drive and their friends, were moving furniture from a trailer when a pickup truck left the roadway and went into their front yard around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
Kimberly Renee Allen, 28, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash and another adult as well as a 5-year-old and an 8-year-old child, were hospitalized with undisclosed injuries.
Investigators determined Margaret Marie Harper, 38, the driver of the pickup, was likely intoxicated at the time of the crash.
She has been arrested and charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter with Vehicle, three counts of Intoxicated Assault with a Vehicle, and one count of Driving with an Invalid License.
The investigation into this fatal crash is still underway.
Anyone who wishes to donate to Allen’s family can do so on GoFundMe.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- DCOA, DevelopAbilene bring new corporate headquarters to downtown
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Abilene City Council addresses proposed budget cuts
- Hendrick Hospice Care continuing work through the pandemic