CISCO, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — After a Big Country company laid off 50 employees right before Christmas, a neighboring company is stepping up to help out those now unemployed.
After Basic Energy in Cisco laid off 50 employees Thursday morning, Cisco Logistics heard the news and has decided to step up and help out those now looking for a job.
Those interested can log on to CiscoLogistics.com to fill out an application or call the recruiting officer at 817-212-3315.
Workforce Solutions of West Central Texas is also helping out those laid off from Basic Energy, providing career opportunities to those in need.
“That puts a burden on the family as well, during the holidays, but this is a permanent layoff so, we have to work with those individuals. We want to work with them and try to get them back into the work force just as quickly as possible,” says Robert Puls, Workforce Solutions.
If you’re one of these employees, you can call Workforce Solutions at (325) 795-4200.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- Wednesday Evening Forecast: Sweater Weather In Store for the Big Country.