ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — While most may wait until Thursday to dig in to our turkeys and hams, Thanksgiving came a bit early for nearly 200 people in Abilene Wednesday morning.
City Light Community Ministries hosted their annual Day Before Thanksgiving Breakfast Wednesday, serving pancakes, eggs, biscuits and more to those in need.
It was an extra special day for Rosie Reea and her boyfriend Jersey, who this year were on the other side of the counter, giving back after years of being homeless themselves.
“Giving back is very important because if it wasn’t for people helping us, who knows? We would still be out there, so they gave us hope, we give back and that keeps us clean, giving back,” Jersey says.
This breakfast is an annual event for City Light Ministries.
All food is donated and serviced by volunteers.
- Single Abilene moms set to open new salon
- Wednesday, December 11: After a cold start, we’ll see upper 50’s for Thursday afternoon
- Hallan en EEUU 3 millones en barriles de carne hacia México
- House approves bill that gives farmworkers right to earn legal status
- U.S. Census Bureau director promotes census job opportunities in Texas