ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The City of Abilene has released the new renderings for the DoubleTree downtown hotel in tonight’s State of the City (SOTC).
“The project consists of the City Facilities which include public conference rooms and meeting space of approximately 38,700 sq. ft., including a ballroom of approximately 12,000 square feet, ancillary facilities and infrastructure in support of the conference rooms and meeting spaces, and a surface parking facility with at least 200 parking spaces,” according to the City’s memo.
In addition to the City Facilities, the hotel will be a full-service hotel. It will host 206 rooms, a second-story pool with a patio bar, and a three-meal restaurant.
Groundbreaking is set for this summer.
- Cooper boys and girls defeat Coronado and other scores around Abilene
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- Brief reunion coming for husband, pregnant wife separated between Abilene & Netherlands by COVID-19, visa issues