ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The City of Abilene has released the new renderings for the DoubleTree downtown hotel in tonight’s State of the City (SOTC).
“The project consists of the City Facilities which include public conference rooms and meeting space of approximately 38,700 sq. ft., including a ballroom of approximately 12,000 square feet, ancillary facilities and infrastructure in support of the conference rooms and meeting spaces, and a surface parking facility with at least 200 parking spaces,” according to the City’s memo.
In addition to the City Facilities, the hotel will be a full-service hotel. It will host 206 rooms, a second-story pool with a patio bar, and a three-meal restaurant.
Groundbreaking is set for this summer.
- Wild strip club fight led to Army soldier’s murder
- Man faces state, federal charges in death of Houston officer
- Senate Judiciary Committee votes to advance Judge Amy Coney Barrett; Democrats boycott
- Senate panel advances nomination to the Supreme Court
- High stakes for Trump, Biden heading into final debate