BAIRD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The City of Baird is placing a sound cannon at the Wastewater Lagoons.
According to the City of Baird, the sound cannon is now required by the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality to remove ducks that have made a home on the pond.
“We did have some issues over the weekend about the length of time between each blast, that has been corrected this morning,” said the City of Baird. “These cannons are set on timers and should only go off between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.”
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- House passes bill to establish Latino museum on the National Mall
- Delays in test results continue to plague Texans as Gov. Abbott says state is working on quicker turnaround
- KRBC Tuesday Evening Forecast: Scorching hot temperatures are sticking around for the rest of the week!