BAIRD, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The City of Baird is placing a sound cannon at the Wastewater Lagoons.
According to the City of Baird, the sound cannon is now required by the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality to remove ducks that have made a home on the pond.
“We did have some issues over the weekend about the length of time between each blast, that has been corrected this morning,” said the City of Baird. “These cannons are set on timers and should only go off between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.”
- Wednesday, January 22: Sun-filled day with mild temperatures 52-65 degrees across the Big Country
- Super Bowl LIV: 49ers-Chiefs for dummies
- Abilene church pays off over $1.5 million of community’s medical debt
- Construction work begins on former Lincoln Middle School building
- Republicans say there’s ‘no evidence, no facts’ in Trump impeachment