CLYDE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Two juveniles are in custody and missing firearms have been recovered following a lockdown at Clyde CISD.
The lockdown was issued as a precaution after one of the juveniles, a 14-year-old, ran away from home, taking several firearms from his residence.
“Officers began searching for this juvenile, and also responded to some school campuses as an initial precautionary measure,” according to a press release.
He was eventually located and investigators determined he intended to sell the firearms.
Police also took a 16-year-old into custody due to this incident and both juveniles are currently being processed at the Taylor County Juvenile Detention Center.
Neither juvenile is enrolled as a student at Clyde CISD.
It’s unknown what charges she will be facing.
- Financial ruin could be brewing for U.S. craft breweries
- Texas woman spits on counter after being told to wear a mask
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- Abilene police will enforce Governor’s mask orders but ‘will not actively seek violators’
- Forty new COVID-19 cases reported in Taylor County, 23 hospitalizations