SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- Senate panel advances Barrett Supreme Court nomination despite Democrats’ boycott
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- 100-year-old WWII veteran shares secrets of longevity, success
- Ghislaine Maxwell denied inappropriate action by Jeffrey Epstein in newly released 2016 deposition