COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A driver was killed during a crash in Comanche County Monday morning.
Diana Lynn Hughes, 71, of De Leon, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash a mile south of town just after 11:00 a.m.
A report filed with the Texas Department of Public Safety states Hughes lost control of her car while navigating a turn and slammed into an 18-wheeler.
The driver of the 18-wheeler was treated for minor injuries then released from the hospital.
Investigators are still working to determine the exact cause of this crash.
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs
- More freezing precipitation expected
- Wake-Up Weather: Hazardous driving conditions this morning will continue into the afternoon
- Early 14-year-old set on future career, starts taking college courses in preparation
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem