Abilene, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Community Foundation of Abilene (CFA) made an exciting announcement at a luncheon Thursday afternoon.
The Community Foundation of Abilene takes donations and gives them to nonprofit agencies.
In Thursday’s year end report, CFA announced it gave more than $8 million to more than 100 agencies, leading to help for thousands of people.
Their combined efforts with the United Way raised more than $500,000 for the Abilene Relief Fund, which wenr toward recovery efforts after the May 18 tornado.
The CFA has a goal of building donations into a fund that will, as it says, keep Abilene thriving forever.
- Preston talks with Karson Grigsby about junior golf ranking
- Wildcats run for three touchdowns vs. SFA
- Gov. Greg Abbott says ‘We must end’ mail-in ballot fraud, points to KXAN investigation finding 150 charges since 2004
- Chick-fil-A sauces will soon be sold at select grocery stores to help fund employee scholarships
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her