Abilene, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Community Foundation of Abilene (CFA) made an exciting announcement at a luncheon Thursday afternoon.
The Community Foundation of Abilene takes donations and gives them to nonprofit agencies.
In Thursday’s year end report, CFA announced it gave more than $8 million to more than 100 agencies, leading to help for thousands of people.
Their combined efforts with the United Way raised more than $500,000 for the Abilene Relief Fund, which wenr toward recovery efforts after the May 18 tornado.
The CFA has a goal of building donations into a fund that will, as it says, keep Abilene thriving forever.
- Man accused of stabbing, pepper-spraying Louisiana Walmart employees
- McAllen man who waved chainsaw at protesters charged with assault
- Protesters pour into DC for city’s largest demonstration yet
- Tiny house in Abilene on the last legs of completion
- No new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County; 4 new recoveries