ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Work has begun on the old Lincoln Middle School in Abilene, as crews prepare to transform the building into a new, high-tech hub.
According to a social media post from Abilene Heritage Square, work began Wednesday as contractors came in to begin removing old electrical items and installing a temporary electrical connection.
Abilene Heritage Square will take the former Lincoln Middle School from vacant to vibrant as plans reveal it to become a new library, coffee shop and event space.
Construction is estimated to be complete in three years.
- House plunged into uncertainty after McCarthy ousted as Speaker: live coverage
- McCarthy’s out. So, what happens next?
- Wake-Up Weather: temperatures continue to fall with two cold fronts and rain chances on deck
- Need to return a package? Uber drivers will now mail it for you
- Biden forgiving another $9 billion in student loans