ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Work has begun on the old Lincoln Middle School in Abilene, as crews prepare to transform the building into a new, high-tech hub.
According to a social media post from Abilene Heritage Square, work began Wednesday as contractors came in to begin removing old electrical items and installing a temporary electrical connection.
Abilene Heritage Square will take the former Lincoln Middle School from vacant to vibrant as plans reveal it to become a new library, coffee shop and event space.
Construction is estimated to be complete in three years.
- First-ever West TX All-Youth Sports Expo happening in Abilene this weekend
- Mexico confirms first 2 cases of coronavirus
- LA deputies shared graphic photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene: report
- Man survives 75-feet fall while saving woman
- Crews monitoring controlled burn at Camp Bowie