ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Work has begun on the old Lincoln Middle School in Abilene, as crews prepare to transform the building into a new, high-tech hub.
According to a social media post from Abilene Heritage Square, work began Wednesday as contractors came in to begin removing old electrical items and installing a temporary electrical connection.
Abilene Heritage Square will take the former Lincoln Middle School from vacant to vibrant as plans reveal it to become a new library, coffee shop and event space.
Construction is estimated to be complete in three years.
- Coaches enjoy getting to know players usually seen on opposing teams during FCA
- Day 5 results from Texas High School Rodeo Finals ahead of Saturday championship round
- Indiana man accused of shooting mouse stuck to trap
- WATCH: Gator grabs underwater drone during marine unit training
- What is a ‘dupe’ on TikTok? Here’s the meaning behind the trend