ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Work has begun on the old Lincoln Middle School in Abilene, as crews prepare to transform the building into a new, high-tech hub.
According to a social media post from Abilene Heritage Square, work began Wednesday as contractors came in to begin removing old electrical items and installing a temporary electrical connection.
Abilene Heritage Square will take the former Lincoln Middle School from vacant to vibrant as plans reveal it to become a new library, coffee shop and event space.
Construction is estimated to be complete in three years.
- Win A Recliner Just In Time For The Big Game
- Christmas Tree farm in Cross Plains is helping families make lasting memories and traditions this holiday season
- Musk says he met with Apple CEO Tim Cook amid public tensions
- Hay bale shortages and price increase impacts Anson High School art class, Farmer steps in to help
- Westbrook preps for rematch with Happy in Class A Division I semifinals