ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Texas Department of Criminal Justice reports the death of a correctional officer who worked at the Middleton Unit in Abilene
According to the TDCJ, 53-year-old James Coleman’s death is currently under investigation. Coleman last worked April 26, 2020 at the Middleton Unit in Abilene.
On April 27th, he felt ill at home, collapsed, and was taken to a local hospital where he was tested for COVID-19. That test returned positive and Officer Coleman passed away yesterday afternoon. He was a 20 year veteran of TDCJ.
“There is no measure of the unexpected loss of someone we hold dear,” said Bryan Collier Executive Director of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. “The thoughts and prayers of the TDCJ family are with those close to Officer Coleman. We can only hope that is of some comfort to his friends and family.”
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Regional Round Playoff Scores and Highlights