JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Search crews have found the body of a man believed to have been washed away in Jones County flood waters last week.
According to the Jones County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO), the body of 62-year-old Hobbert Reed was found Wednesday afternoon around 3:30 in the Red Mud Creek area.
The search was on for Reed after his friend, 71-year-old Felix Villegas, was found last Thursday near an abandoned vehicle in rushing flood waters.
Family members, drones, helicopters, horses, and cadaver dogs all assisted in the search.
- Abilene, Brownwood residents take advantage of new COVID-19 Infusion Therapy to lessen symptoms
- Friday, January 22: Foggy Saturday morning and rain chances on Sunday
- Brown Co. reports additional COVID-19 death, 40 new cases
- Gov. Abbott, Texas DPS release five-year strategic plan for homeland security
- Abilene Taylor Co. Public Health District asks residents not to call to confirm place on COVID-19 vaccine waiting list