JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Search crews have found the body of a man believed to have been washed away in Jones County flood waters last week.
According to the Jones County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO), the body of 62-year-old Hobbert Reed was found Wednesday afternoon around 3:30 in the Red Mud Creek area.
The search was on for Reed after his friend, 71-year-old Felix Villegas, was found last Thursday near an abandoned vehicle in rushing flood waters.
Family members, drones, helicopters, horses, and cadaver dogs all assisted in the search.
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy
- Taylor Co. reports 5 new COVID-19 cases, 4 recoveries
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches