HOUSTON (CNN) – Police say a 12-year-old girl hit a man and his dog with an SUV in Houston on Thursday evening, killing them instantly.
Authorities ended up arresting her father, Tomas Mejia Tol for criminally negligent homicide and endangering a child.
The incident started after the girl stepped on the accelerator and then struck the man, one of his dogs and a tree.
The man and a dog were pronounced dead at the scene.
Prosecutors said the father initially told investigators he was the one driving, but they later found out it was the girl.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Record-breaking night for WTRC Telethon, over 1.5 million dollars raised
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan