TEMPLE, Texas (AP) — More than a week after a 28-year-old Texas man was fatally shot in the head by a police officer, authorities haven’t released any details on the circumstances of the shooting.
Michael Dean was killed Dec. 2 in Temple, located 70 miles northeast of Austin.
Dallas attorney Lee Merritt, who is representing Dean’s family, says the silence from authorities is “completely unfair and particularly cruel” to Dean’s family.
Temple police identified Dean as the victim the day after the shooting and on Tuesday identified the officer as Carmen DeCruz.
- Big Country Politics: In depth on COVID surge and upcoming elections
- Suspect connected to bank robberies in Abilene, Lubbock, Odessa arrested
- As the 2020 presidential race nears its end, these are key dates ahead of Election Day
- Make dishwashers great again? Trump brings ‘reform’ to popular appliance
- ExxonMobil slashing almost 2,000 jobs in U.S.