ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A dog died in an Abilene house fire Friday morning.
The home on the 4100 block of Russell Avenue caught fire around 11:30 a.m.
Firefighters rushed to the scene to find smoke billowing from the attic and windows.
No one was home and the fire was contained within an hour, but a pet dog inside perished.
Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical issue, causing damages estimated at $5,000.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article when additional information is released.
- Hendrick’s Breast Institute Nurse Navigators stay with breast cancer patients from diagnosis to recovery
- Former Abilene church worker extradited on Taylor Co. child sex charge
- ACU’s James playing his best for Wildcats
- Ford Impact Player of the Week: Behren Morton, Eastland
- HSU prepares for showdown with Mary Hardin-Baylor