ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A dog died in an Abilene house fire Friday morning.
The home on the 4100 block of Russell Avenue caught fire around 11:30 a.m.
Firefighters rushed to the scene to find smoke billowing from the attic and windows.
No one was home and the fire was contained within an hour, but a pet dog inside perished.
Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical issue, causing damages estimated at $5,000.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article when additional information is released.
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Abilene
- Baker stays alive in Sanitizer Series with win in cornhole
- Texas sees nearly 2,000 more COVID-19 cases, 24 new deaths
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- US cities clean up, prepare for another night of unrest