ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A large number of teachers and community leaders helped hand out supplies for Abilene Independent School District (AISD) students on Thursday.
AISD’s Lance Fleming says after an email was sent out to teachers asking for help, a strong-showing of volunteers turned up to help hand out the supplies.
School board members, city council members and Rep. Stan Lambert even showed up to deliver a helping hand, Fleming says.
Rep. Lambert took to social media after the event to commend the community. You can see his post below.
- Abilene man on probation for child sex crime admits to having sex with dog ‘approximately a dozen times’
- Mask Mandate: Which establishments will continue to require masks?
- ‘Ladies must not complain or whine’: Texas high school’s ‘chivalry’ assignment removed after complaints
- 38 new COVID-19 cases and 46 recoveries reported in Taylor County
- ‘I’m sorry for whatever pain I caused’: Gov. Cuomo apologizes following harassment allegations