MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) — A 19-year-old East Texas man whose teen brother died in a traffic accident last year is dead after a crash in the same county.
Payton Blalock, 19, of Marshall, was killed after an 18-wheeler hit the truck he was driving while attempting to make a turn.
Marshall Police were called to the scene of an accident around 2 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Loop 390 and Scottsville Highway.
Marshall Police released a statement saying:
“The men and women of the Marshall Police Department offer our deepest condolences to the Blalock family during this unimaginably difficult time.“Marshall Police Department
Last September, the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office says Hayden was on his way to school when his truck hit a wild hog that led to the accident.
Students in the area showed their support by wearing red and using the hashtag ‘ Hayden 94’ on Twitter. 94 was his football jersey number.
Payton’s number was also #94.
Hayden Blalock’s final resting place is at the Woodlawn Cemetery.
The Blalock brothers are survived by their parents, Craig and Danielle Blalock, and their sister Emily.
- Vandals cut hoses on City of Anson roller, delaying progress on North Lake
- Man pleads guilty in plot to attack White House, Trump Tower
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Several dogs killed in one of two ‘suspicious’ fires in Coleman
- Eagles maturing as a team as season goes on