EASTLAND, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Twenty Eastland ISD 5th graders took a field trip to show support for their custodian as he became a U.S. citizen.
The students traveled to Plano Thursday to witness Enrique Avelar get his citizenship.
A social media post reveals the students, “witnessed as he took the Oath of Allegiance and received his naturalization certificate.”
The school district is proud of Enrique as they congratulate him on his journey.
- Pres. Trump delivers remarks as protests grow across the country
- California lawmakers hope to give voice to protestors’ concerns while condemning violence, looting
- Brown Co. announces 10th COVID-19 death
- FEMA head urges hurricane prep in midst of coronavirus pandemic
- Medical examiner lists George Floyd’s death as homicide