EASTLAND, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A 10-year-old member of the Eastland Mavericks youth football team gave a pep talk so passionate, it’s gone viral on social media.
Lane Bridges led his team to victory 6-0 over the Cisco Loboes by giving an inspirational speech that reminded them to, “show the Cisco Loboes how to be a Maverick.”
And how does one be a Maverick exactly? According to Lane, be yourself, but also. . .
- Have Passion
- Be Determined
- Be This Team
The video of Lane’s pep talk was posted on social media by coach Chase Richardson and has received nearly 1 million views.
Coach Richardson says, “this kid has it figured out! No matter your size or make up you lead they will follow. Players must lead programs!”
Thursday afternoon, Lane will speak to the Cisco Loboes Varsity team with hopes of leading them to victory as well.
- Orionids meteor shower peaks tonight
- Teen runs his own marathon after missing race due to cancer treatment
- Photo of exhausted nurse goes viral: ‘Can we just give it up for nurses for a minute?’
- A grandma’s extreme weight loss and fitness transformation
- NC teacher accused of putting disabled student in trash