BIG COUNTRY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Three Big Country school districts have announced plans to cancel class due to an increase in flu cases and other illness.
Colorado City ISD and Haskell CISD are the latest districts to announce closures.
Early release will take place in Colorado City Friday, and classes will be cancelled Monday for disinfecting.
Haskell CISD is closed all day Friday but is expecting to resume school as scheduled Monday morning.
District officials at Highland ISD say classes are cancelled Friday and Monday because 15% of students and teachers have been absent with the flu this week.
However, basketball games will take place as scheduled.
Last week, Throckmorton Collegiate ISD cancelled classes for three days while they disinfected due to a high number of strep throat and flu cases.
Abilene ISD is also reporting an uptick in the flu, with more than 200 students absent because of illness last week.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Republicans confident for higher voter turnout on Election Day
- State protective order registry created in honor of slain Texan now fully operational
- Abilene health officials: Active COVID-19 cases have surpassed summer peak
- New Mexico county sends ‘Black Ice Matters’ text alert to employees
- Telemundo Abilínea – 29 de octubre, 2020