BIG COUNTRY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Three Big Country school districts have announced plans to cancel class due to an increase in flu cases and other illness.
Colorado City ISD and Haskell CISD are the latest districts to announce closures.
Early release will take place in Colorado City Friday, and classes will be cancelled Monday for disinfecting.
Haskell CISD is closed all day Friday but is expecting to resume school as scheduled Monday morning.
District officials at Highland ISD say classes are cancelled Friday and Monday because 15% of students and teachers have been absent with the flu this week.
However, basketball games will take place as scheduled.
Last week, Throckmorton Collegiate ISD cancelled classes for three days while they disinfected due to a high number of strep throat and flu cases.
Abilene ISD is also reporting an uptick in the flu, with more than 200 students absent because of illness last week.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Twitter sues Texas AG, claiming retaliation for Trump ban
- UT to release report Tuesday on history of ‘Eyes of Texas’ spirit song
- Hardin-Simmons and Howard Payne sweep ASC West football honors
- Wildcats can’t wait to get on the court at the Southland Conference Championships
- Eula continues to play for long time scorebook keeper Mary Mosley headed into semifinal