ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Eula Voluntary Fire Department’s Chief, Charlie Dawson, is in need of blood transfusions on his battle against cancer.
“Saturday I thought I just inhaled to much smoke Sunday felt ok just tired Monday chest pain thought I was having a heart attack Tuesday diagnosed with leukemia Today blood infusion just to get me healthy enough to survive upcoming tests and treatments,” said Charlie Dawson on a Facebook post.
“The blood bank is low on blood and anyone who donates in my behalf will save me from having to pay for it and help others in need also .”
The Taylor County EMS Facebook page is also asking people to stop by the Meek Blood Center and make a blood donation in Charlie’s name.
- City of Brownwood announces possible mixed-use event space
- Trump administration rolls out plan to prevent suicide among veterans
- Crews battling grass fire in Coleman Co.
- Citizenship question on the 2020 Census could keep Hispanics away, hurt states’ federal dollars
- Scott and House Democrats introduce ‘College Affordability Act’