SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is projected to become the world’s first trillionaire.
That’s according to Comparisun, a company which allows small- to medium-sized firms to compare different business products.
Their projection shows Bezos reaching trillionaire status by 2026.
The company said their projection is based on taking the average percentage of yearly growth over the past five years and applying it to future years.
As of Thursday, Bezos’ net worth was estimated at $143 billion, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, which tracks the worth of the world’s richest people daily.
Compared to last year, Bezos’ worth has surged by more than $28 billion.
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Time To Soak Up The Sunshine Before Tuesday.
- Abilene organization holds weeklong prayer event to help fight human trafficking
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- 95 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 68 recoveries