WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — A former deputy sheriff from Texas has pleaded guilty to sexually exploiting a young girl from Massachusetts he met while playing an online game, starting when she was 12 years old.
Masslive.com reports that 26-year-old Pasquale Salas pleaded guilty Thursday via video conference in federal court in Worcester to cyberstalking and sexual exploitation of a minor.
Prosecutors say the former deputy sheriff with the Matagorda County Sheriff’s Office met the Worcester County girl in 2014 while playing the video game Minecraft.
Prosecutors say he coerced her into sending him sexually explicit videos and images of herself.
Sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 3.
- Abilene organization holds weeklong prayer event to help fight human trafficking
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- 95 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 68 recoveries
- State of Texas: Time of tension at the Capitol